Position: Yard Operative
Reporting to: Yard Co-ordinator
Depot: Denton, Manchester
Hours: 41.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 per annum
Start Date: February/March 2017
AVDanzer are an expanding and long established cabin hire and manufacturing company with depots based at Manchester, Nottingham and Essex. Due to increasing demand for works and an ever-growing order book we are currently recruiting a Yard Operative to work at our Head Office in Manchester.
The Job Holder is responsible for cleaning and preparing units for hire as instructed: tiding all of the Yard areas and maintaining safe working areas, adhering to Health and Safety at all times.
This role is a physically demanding role and requires a high level of speed and accuracy of works at all times. The Job Holder will be required to complete daily worksheets on the units prepared. Additional yard and site duties will be required (appropriate training will be provided).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean units for hire.
• Maintain equipment provided.
• Carry out repairs on furniture as required.
• Install/ remove furniture from units.
• Use fork lift truck (training to be given).
• Tidy the Yard areas.
• Provide cover for Yard duties as requested.
• Prepare units for painting and spray paint units (training to be given).
• Act as second employee on site.
• Site deliveries /collection of furniture and materials.
• Ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times
• Responsible for own Health and Safety at all times.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Effectively carry out any other duties as specified by Line Manager.
• Maintain ‘clean as you go’ practices within work areas.
• Support ‘resource discipline’, ensuring lighting, heating and equipment in the yard are turned off when not in use.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who has worked within a similar role for a minimum of 1 year. It is essential that you can work on your own initiative or as part of an established, busy and friendly team; you will have good communication, attention to detail and customer service skills with the ability to work methodically and efficiently. In addition a full driving licence (maximum 6 points) is also essential to this role as is the ability to carry out a physically demanding role as you will be standing for the majority of time whilst working. Knowledge of the construction industry and previous experience within a similar environment are desirable but not essential. CSCS card is desirable but not essential.
• 20 days annual leave per annum plus statutory bank holidays and Christmas shut down
• Profit related pay scheme after 12 months’ continuous service
AVDanzer are an equal opportunities employer.
Please complete the online application form at www.avdanzer.co.uk/jobs/
or forward your CV to Natasha@avdanzer.co.uk