Position: General Maintenance / Fitter
Based at Denton, Manchester
Hours: 8.00 – 5.00 Mon to Thurs / 8.00 – 4.00 Fri.
Unpaid 30 min lunch break daily
Paid 30 min break daily
Salary: £21,000.00 p/a
AVDanzer are an expanding and long established cabin hire and manufacturing company with depots based at Manchester, Nottingham and Essex. Due to increasing demand for works and an ever-growing order book we are currently recruiting a Semi Skilled General Maintenance / Fitter to work at our Head Office in Manchester.
Semi-skilled operative required fulfilling busy and varied position at our Manchester depot, duties include basic joinery, plumbing, spray painting cabins, on site repairs, fitting out and making good hire fleet cabins in the depot and on site.
• Snagging and fixing of hire fleet units
• Measuring and fixing of external fascia to hire fleet units on site
• Fitting out and finishing hire fleet units on site
• Fitting out and maintaining hire fleet units in the depot
• Preparing units for painting
• Spray painting units
• Maintaining equipment provided
• Cleaning units
• Furniture repair
• Driving of company vehicles to deliver/collect from sites
• Fork lift use to move equipment/furniture
• 2nd Man on site
• Site repairs
• Ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times
• Responsible for own Health and Safety at all times.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Effectively carry out any other duties as specified by Line Manager.
• Maintain ‘clean as you go’ practices within work areas.
• Support ‘resource discipline’, ensuring lighting, heating and equipment in the yard are turned off when not in use
Applicant must have a full driver’s licence with (6 points or less) and be over 21 as they will be required to use a company vehicle. CSCS card is required, forklift certificate desirable but not essential.
The applicant must have experience of joinery, plumbing, spray painting and site works and be a highly motivated individual who can work on own initiative or as part of an established team. The position is a physically demanding role and requires a high level of speed and accuracy of work at all times.
The applicant must be literate and able to complete company forms.
Training will be given on company specific tasks.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who has worked within a similar role for a minimum of 1 year. It is essential that you can work on your own initiative or as part of an established, busy and friendly team; you will have good communication, attention to detail and customer service skills with the ability to work methodically and efficiently. Essential to this role as is the ability to carry out a physically demanding role as you will be standing for the majority of time whilst working.
Knowledge of the construction industry and previous experience within a similar environment are desirable but not essential.
20 days annual leave per annum plus statutory bank holidays and Christmas shut down
Profit related pay scheme after 12 months’ continuous service
Contact phone 0800 389 7610 to request application form
Or complete the application form here: http://www.avdanzer.co.uk/jobs/
Or email your request to; Natasha@avdanzer.co.uk
AV Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer